BIOIDENTICAL TESTOSTERONE HORMONE REPLACEMENT Pellets FOR MEN
Testosterone is the most critical hormone the male body produces. While a normal part of aging, low Testosterone can significantly affect the way we feel and our quality of life. Untreated, imbalanced hormones cause a variety of undesirable symptoms:
Symptoms of male hormone imbalance (low testosterone):
- Decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction
- Sleep disorders such as insomnia
- Loss of strength and muscle mass
- Increased body fat
- Decreased bone density
- Low energy levels, fatigue
- Loss of self-confidence, loss of vitality
- Trouble focusing, memory issues
- Loss of facial or body hair
If you suspect fluctuating hormones are causing undesirable changes in your body, it’s easy to get your hormone levels checked. Call the Couri Center 309-692-6838. Love your hormones again with personalized testosterone pellets, available for men.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
An individualized approach to hormone replacement therapy, using biologically identical testosterone pinpoints a man’s exact hormone levels and what hormones are needed to balance their hormone deficiency. The differences between synthetic and biologically identical hormones are in their chemical structures and functionality. Biologically identical hormones are plant-based compounds that have the same chemical structure as the hormones created naturally in the human body.
Every individual’s body chemistry is unique. Typically, we administer pellets every 4 to 6 months, depending on how rapidly the hormones are metabolized. The pellets do not need to be removed. They are completely dissolved by the body.
Post Insertion Instructions for Men
Your insertion site has been closed with a dissolvable suture and covered with a bandage.
- The outer layer is the pressure bandage consisting of folded gauze and wide paper tape. Please remove the bandage in 48 hrs.
- You can remove the suture after 7-10 days. If you would prefer the suture be removed here, please call the office.
THREE Day Rule:
1. Please avoid the following for three (3) days:
- Tub Baths
- Hot Tubs or Swimming
- Soaking in water
- Vigorous exercise
- Strenuous lifting
2. Showers are fine.
3. Moderate exercise after 24 hrs is fine.
Other Important Notes:
- Avoid scrubbing the site until the incision is well healed (about 7 days)
- The insertion site may be uncomfortable for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
- You may experience bruising, swelling, and/or redness of the insertion site which may last from a few days up to 2 to 3 weeks.
- You may notice some pinkish or bloody discoloration on the outer bandage. This is normal.
- If you experience bleeding from the incision, apply firm pressure for 5 minutes.
- Ice your incision area three (3) times a day for ten (10) minutes at a time on the day of your pellet insertion. This will help reduce any swelling, bruising or discomfort that you may experience.
- You may take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as needed if you experience any discomfort.
Please call us if you have any active bleeding or pus coming from the incision site.
- Please have your labs rechecked in 2-3 weeks before your next pellet insertion for accuracy of dosing.
- Other office requests: Yearly Prostate Exam
- Please stay up to date with your primary care physician and yearly physicals.