MonaLisa Touch Treats These Common Female Symptoms
After menopause, when estrogen levels decline, many women experience changes that can really affect their quality of life. Symptoms include:
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal burning
- Vaginal/vulvar itching
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY TO SEE IF YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.
MonaLisa Touch™ addresses these problems without systemic hormones or surgery. Dr. Michele Couri is thrilled to be the first physician in the greater Peoria region to offer this state of the art technology here at the Couri Center. It is ideal for pre-menopausal patients, post-menopausal patients, and breast cancer survivors who are often unable to receive conventional treatments for these debilitating symptoms.
MonaLisa Touch™ delivers gentle laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue that stimulates a healing response by generating new collagen, elastin, and vascularization. A typical course of treatment is three procedures over 18 weeks.
- In-office procedure
- Requires no anesthesia
- No downtime
- Minimal side effects
- Each treatment is <5 minutes
- FDA-cleared for gynecologic use
Reward Your Friends.
Give $30. Earn $30.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Even with the passage of time, many women still retain their youthful energy and enthusiasm, but post-menopausal changes can affect a woman’s quality of life in unexpected ways. Now, there is a gentle laser therapy that can help millions of women who are silently suffering.
Most patients feel improvement after the very first treatment, although the procedure calls for three sessions spaced over an 18-week period.
MonaLisa Touch Pre-Treatment Instructions
The MonaLisa Touch® Laser stimulates new collagen production which helps to promote improved vaginal and vulvar health.
- Shower or bathe the morning of treatment so that the area to be treated is clean.
- Dress in loose-fitting pants and cotton underwear on the day of treatment.
- You will be asked to empty your bladder immediately prior to being taken to treatment room.
- Procedures will be explained and consent forms will be signed.
- You will then undress from the waist down.
- Dr. Couri will perform a pelvic exam then she will apply a topical anesthetic called RectiCare® in the opening of the vagina and on the vulvar area prior to the laser treatment.
- Please bring a book or something to read while you relax and rest for 10-minutes to give the topical anesthetic time to numb the area.
- If you feel like you need to empty your bladder again, please let us know prior to starting the procedure. Your bladder should be empty.
- You, as well as everyone in the room, will then wear protective eyewear provided to prevent eye damage while the laser is in use.
- The internal laser will be performed first; it takes 5-10 minutes to complete. You should expect minimal discomfort. Most of the discomfort is caused from initially inserting the probe into the vagina.
- The external laser will be performed next; it takes 5-10 minutes to complete. You should expect minimal discomfort. If you have discomfort, Dr. Couri will apply more RectiCare® to numb the area again.
- Most patients resume normal activity, as tolerated, immediately after procedure.
- Wait 1-day before showering or bathing and avoid the use of hot water until treated area is completely healed.
- Avoid exercise for 3-4 days after procedure.
- Avoid sexual activity for 7 days after procedure.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided is current as of the date of publication or last review, but medical knowledge is constantly evolving, and the information may become outdated over time.