Post Pellet Insertion Instructions
- Remove large tape or Band-Aid after 24 hours, leaving the steri-strips in place.
- If needed, re-apply Band-Aid over the wound for a few days to catch any drainage that might occur.
- Keep wound completely dry for 24 hours. After that, showering is OK. Avoid soaking in tubs, pools or baths for at least 3 days.
- Leave steri-strips on wound for 5-7 days. If they fall off before, just keep a Band-Aid on and put a little tension across the wound just to give extra support for healing good and tight.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 72 hours to reduce the chance of bruising, drainage or infection, or delayed wound healing. Walking and easy stair climbing is fine. Avoid running, biking, volleyball, racquet games, aerobic exercise or yoga for 3-4 days. It would be best to avoid heavy lifting, repetitive squatting, sexual intercourse and extensive housecleaning, like vacuuming, for 3 days. Avoid massage therapy directly at pellet site for 6 months.
- A little redness, bruising and swelling for 3-4 days is normal. The area may be tender for 4-14 days.
- If you have significant redness, pain (without putting pressure on the wound), warmth, or pus from the wound, call, as you might need an antibiotic. This happens rarely, but infection is always a possibility with any kind of minimally invasive procedure.
- ***ICE TWICE DAY OF INSERTION.***
- 4-Weeks after INITIAL pellet insertion-labs will be drawn and you will receive a phone call for results and follow up.
- Subsequent labs are drawn every 3-4 months. You will receive an email with your results.
- You can also easily view your lab results via our patient portal online and may call with any questions. Please allow 24-hours for follow up response.