At times like these, the safety of our patients, employees, and community are top priority for us. Our hearts go out to those directly impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and we look forward to the daily lives of everyone restoring to normalcy. Until then, it is important that we all work together with patience and gratitude.
As we continue to closely monitor developments surrounding the COVID-19 with the focus on protecting the health and well-being of our patients and employees, we are initiating the following changes effective March 17, 2020:
- Office hours: The Couri Center will remain open 8-4:30, M-F, however, we will only be seeing pre-screened, urgent care gynecological needs, as determined by your provider.
- Patient screening: If you have an upcoming appointment, our team will call you 1-day before the appointment to screen you for all relevant symptoms. You will be screened a second time, at check-in.
- Visitors: No visitors may accompany patients.
- Limit time in our office: We will do our best to minimize your wait in the waiting room. Alternatively, you can also wait in your car, and we can call or text you to let you know that the nurse is ready to room you.
- Patient rescheduling: All routine care (well-woman exams), routine pap smears, hormone pellet insertions, and lab monitoring, MonaLisa Touch, Emsella, TLC wellness programs, Integrative medicine, monitored weight loss programs, Bone Health programs, Aesthetics, and pessaries, will be rescheduled to after 5/1/2020. As there are large volumes of rescheduling calls to be made, we appreciate your patience as we reach out to reschedule your visit.
- Patient triage/call-ins: A provider will still be available for any emergent triage appointments, so please call with any on-going gynecological concerns.
- Telemedicine Visits:
Consult your provider right from your phone, computer, or iPad.
New patients welcome!
Video visits allow you to stay in control of your health, from the comfort of your home. It’s easy. Just schedule via phone 309 692-6838 or from our 24/7 online patient portal. When your appointment is set, you’ll receive an email link for easy access to your video appointment. Visits are billable to private insurance and Medicare. Some insurances are even waiving co-pays on telemedicine video calls through April 30, 2020.
Here are just a few examples of consultations:
- General gynecologic issues
- Hormone consultations
- Integrative wellness consultations
- Bone health consultations
- Contraception/family planning
- Food Sensitivity consultation
- Weight loss
- Heavy bleeding
- Surgical consultations
- Myriad cancer-risk results
- Lab results
- Many more!
Given the current novel Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has suspended normal HIPAA regulations to allow good faith use of video platforms for patient care. Having said that, the healthcare providers at the Couri Center are available to provide telemedicine visits while the office is temporarily seeing only gynecologic patients with emergent issues. Whether you are a NEW or established patient, we welcome you to call (309) 692-6838 M-F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or reach out to us through our patient portal. We are here for you always and will do our very best to continue to provide compassionate and timely care.
- Scheduled surgeries at the hospital: Emergent surgeries will continue as scheduled, however, we are rescheduling all elective surgeries.
- In-office surgeries: No in-office surgeries will be offered until after 5/1/2020. Our office will phone you to reschedule.
- For our BHRT pellet hormone patients, we can prescribe a short course of an alternative hormone regimen to get you through until your next pellet insertion gets rescheduled.
We offer easy supplement refills for all your favorite Xymogen products, including MedPax* (Bone, Bone Plus or customized) from wholescripts.com. Simply use Referral code: COURICENTER and Practitioners Last name: COURI
*If you are ordering a MedPax please first contact Leslie: email@example.com
We recognize that change can be frustrating during this time of required social distancing, but we know that by working together, we are more resilient and grateful.
Dr. Michele Couri, Medical Director
Couri Center for Gynecology and Integrative Women’s Health